CIRCLE Progress Monitoring
The Texas School Ready child progress monitoring tool, the CIRCLE Progress Monitoring System (formerly known as C-PALLS+), is a user-friendly, technology-driven tool that enables teachers to assess a children’s progress in a particular skill area almost instantly. This simplistic yet reliable data collection prompts teachers to focus on lessons that target their students’ least developed skill areas. CIRCLE Progress Monitoring is aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework. In March 2016, the CIRCLE Progress Monitoring System was approved for the 2016-2017 Commissioner's List of Approved Progress Monitoring Instruments.
- Language & Literacy Screener
- Rapid Vocabulary Naming
- Rapid Letter Naming
- Letter-sound Correspondence
- Phonological Awareness
- Book and Print Knowledge
- Story Retell & Comprehension
- Mathematics Screener
- Science, Engineering & Technology Screener
- Social Studies Screener
- Approaches to Learning Checklist
- Early Writing Checklist
- Physical Development & Health Checklist
- Social & Emotional Checklist
CIRCLE Progress Monitoring is a standardized, criterion-referenced measure that relates well to established standardized tests and is sensitive to growth in children's skills over time. The data used to support the reliability and validity of CIRCLE Progress Monitoring came from numerous research studies done by the Children's Learning Institute over a five-year span.
CIRCLE Progress Monitoring is available for free to all TSR participants, Texas public school districts, charter schools, Head Start programs, and Texas Rising Star Certified Providers through the CLI Engage e-learning platform. Teachers receive student and classroom reports, as well as automatic small group reports and recommended classroom activities based on student scores.
CIRCLE Progress Monitoring...
- Was found to be a powerful indicator of instructional improvement and child outcomes when tested as a component in a comprehensive PD model
- Is based upon well-established prekindergarten guidelines
- Provides significant flexibility in administration, including choice of measures and timing of assessments
- Provides links to CIRCLE activities that target specific skills based on assessment results
- Includes a wide range of reporting features instantly accessible
- Demonstrated high reliability and validity in multiple research studies