- First Signs ASD Video Glossary
- How's Your Baby? Brochure, DARS Early Childhood Intervention
- Reasons for Concerns Brochure, California Department of Developmental Services
RESOURCES: When you first receive the diagnosis
Recommended Reading List:
- Autism SpeaksTM 100-Day Kit
- Autism SpeaksTM Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Tool Kit
- Koegel LK, LaZebnik CS. Overcoming Autism: Finding the Answers, Strategies, and Hope that can Transform a Child’s Life. New York: Viking; 2004.
- Volkmar FR, Wiesner LA. A Practical Guide To Autism : What Every Parent, Family Member, And Teacher Needs To Know. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons; 2009. [not meant to be read cover-to-cover but as a resource]
- Ozonoff S, Dawson G, McPartland J. A Parent's Guide To Asperger Syndrome And High-Functioning Autism : How To Meet The Challenges And Help Your Child Thrive. New York, NY: Guilford Press; 2002.
- Attwood T. The Complete Guide To Asperger's Syndrome. Philadelphia: Jessica Kingsley; 2008.
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Educational Interventions for Children with Autism. Educating Children With Autism. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.
- Cohen MD. A Guide To Special Education Advocacy : What Parents, Clinicians, And Advocates Need To Know. Philadelphia: J. Kingsley Publishers; 2009.
- Bashe PR, Kirby BL. The OASIS Guide to Asperger Syndrome: Completely Revised and Updated: Advice, Support, Insight, and Inspiration. 1st rev. ed. New York: Crown Publishers; 2005.
Autism Spectrum Disorders Resources:
- Oasis at MAPP
- The Autism Society of America
- Use Visual Strategies
- Texas Autism Research & Resource Center
Obtaining Services: Early Childhood Intervention (Birth to 3rd Birthday):
- Department of Assisted and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) ECI website
- Search by zip code for ECI Program serving your area
- ECI Resource Guide
- ECI Directory
Obtaining Services: School-Based Services (3 through 21 years old)
- A Guide to the Admission, Review and Dismissal (ARD) Process (March 2010)
- Texas Project First
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards. Rights of Parents of Students with Disabilities
- A Parent's Guide to Special Ed / Special Needs
- Special Education Dispute Resolution Systems Handbook
- 10 Common Mistakes Parents Make During the IEP Meeting
- CADRE The National Center for Dispute Resolution in Special Education